Friday, January 9, 2015

I am…
I am…
The daughter of my loving, giving, nice mother, raised in many different towns, a life on the move, the oldest of 4.
A sister, the first to have my own room, the first to get all my mother’s attention, the first to get whatever I wanted when I wanted it.
A granddaughter that spent most her days with grandma, gardening, mowing, camping, raking leaves, playing outside, swimming, eating popcorn, late night movies.
A Kickapoo cheerleader, loud and spunky, cooperative, teamwork, my second family, my life, average grades, hard-working, loving, young lady.
I am…
Chicken, skinny long legs, loud and obnoxious, and mean.
A noodle, tall and flexible
A steak, you never know what flavors are being held inside, just like secrets.
I am…
Jamaica, warm hearted, welcoming, pretty and fun.
Cozumel, Mexico. Spanish speaking, welcoming, clear water you can see through.
Texas, where everything bigger is better, where the heart is.
Florida, sunny, loving, wavy, and outgoing.
I am…
Fuzzy socks, from all types of patterns. Stripes, solid colors, multiple colors, soft fuzzies.
Pink ugg boots, fuzzy and soft, warm, bright.
Sweatpants, warm and comforting, dull, lazy, trendy.
I am…
A brown eyed, tan skin, tall and linky young lady.
Colorful wearing clothes, side pony tail, micro braids.
I am… From the top of my head to the tip of my toes… I am not perfect.

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely, Keishay--it captures so many of the qualities that set you apart and the history that's shaped you. I like the section with the place names--Texas, Jamaica, Mexico--and how you characterize each. I also like how you've related aspects of your personality to different foods. Your grandmother and your memories with her both sound wonderful. I'm sure she cherishes that time with you as well. Thanks, Keishay!

    ReplyDelete