Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Music To My Ears

Alright, when I listen to music I usually listen to the super sad songs that will put you in your feelings and have you thinking about every past person that has hurt you. I don't know why but I love this type of music. If my phone had music on it I would more than likely have an album specifically for 'in my feelings' music. 
My favorite song would have to be 'Nothing On Me' by Toni Romiti. It is about a girl who's boyfriend was cheating and she found out about it and she is saying that his new girlfriend has nothing on her. As in she is not better. I like this song because, my exes new girlfriend tries to make everything a competition with me, but I treated my ex 10 times better than she does. 
I admire the music of Alicia Keys because she speaks her mind. She has been my idol since I was a child, every since my mom had me listening to her music. Her music has so much meaning and she is a beautiful women, and a great role model. I always wanted to have a beautiful voice like hers. Her music takes me into a whole other world, it makes me think about a lot of things, and changes my perspective on things. 
I think that heavy metal/rock shouldn't be tolerated. I don't understand how people can have someone screaming in their ear. I also do not understand how they can understand what they're yelling. It hurts my ears, gives me a headache, and makes me want to hurt someone. It just not good music to my ears. I like music I can understand what they're saying. Or music that I can understand the meaning and not have to look up the lyrics to know what they're saying. 
Hmm what does music do for me that nothing else can? Well music can either make me feel better or it can make me want to cry. Music makes me thing about a lot of things, reevaluate how my life is, make me cry, make me smile, it really depends on the music. Or the song that is playing. Most the songs I listen to will describe my life. I will play that one song till I know every single word to it, or until I get super tired of it and cannot stand it anymore.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that music can stir emotions--all sorts of them--like nothing else really can. And I also agree that screamo has to be the most unpleasant (and nonsensical) stuff out there.

    ReplyDelete