Tuesday, February 17, 2015

1. When I read I most feel comfortable near a window, maybe outdoors on good days. I like to have some form of food or drink close to me at easy access. If I read at night, I don’t like a lot of lighting. A lamp is good enough and calming. I usually read at night, due to not being able to fall asleep and reading makes me sleepy.
 

5. I’ve picked up a lot of books that had me reading it constantly not wanting to put it down. But if I had to choose just one book that caught my attention the most it would have to be The Lost Boy and A Chilled Called It. They both were very exciting, both written by the same author. The detail in the stories were very descriptive. I believe both books were based on a true story about his life. I’ve also came across books that I haven’t even finished reading because, they were just not interesting. For instance I watched Fault in Our Stars and then I tried to read the book. I didn’t even get through the first chapter before taking back to the library, due to it not being interesting. There is many other books that I’ve read that have been exciting while also there is a lot of books that I have tried to read but couldn’t because they were boring.

6. My first reading teacher was my mom. Her and my step dad bought me hooked on phonics for my 4th birthday. I would do a lesson each night. By time I got to 1st grade I was reading in a 4th grade level. I thank my mom so much to this day for that. I also could’ve had a chance to skip a grade because of how intelligent I was.

8. My favorite series would have to be the Harry Potter series. I only read to about book 8. I’m not sure why I was my favorite, but I do remember they were my cousin’s books. And she had given them to me when I was in 5th grade because I would always read them with her and I loved them. She had already read all of them so she passed them down.

9. “When I finished reading The Lost Boy, I was sad/happy because the way the child was treated was very harsh. While also the ending ended up him with a loving home.”

4 comments:

  1. I also like Harry Potter the level of sass in those books are perfect. I am currently reading the last Harry Potter book right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading outdoors on beautiful days is the best! I also love reading before bed, its such a great way to unwind after a day of school and work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember Hooked on Phonics! My uncle got that for my sister on her birthday. She was turning 8, but he thought she was turning 6.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooked on Phonics worked for me! Do you remember those commercials? You could have been their little spokesperson! : ) I like to read when I'm trying to fall asleep too.

    ReplyDelete