Friday, February 27, 2015

The Love That Got Away!


It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen. I was running as fast as I could, all I wanted was to see him. Stare into his bright blue eyes. Feel his hands on my face one last time. Take pictures, make more memories. I mean after all we’ve been together for almost a year. He’s completely my other half. I love him more than I love cake. And oh do I love cake. He’s my favorite person ever. He’s what keeps me going. All that’s going through my mind right now is us together. I’m running my heart is pounding. I turn the corner and there he is on his front porch, just sitting there. I walked up the steps and I could see he was upset. I asked him what’s wrong and he told me he couldn’t do it anymore. He told me his feelings weren’t the same anymore. He started crying. I started crying. I asked why. I told him how I felt about him. He just began to cry more. Which made me cry more. He tried to hold me I just pushed him off. I wanted to know why but he wouldn’t tell me. He just kept crying. This can’t be happening. I took off half way down the street I just dropped I couldn’t take the pain anymore. I called my mom and told her to come pick me up. When we got home she just held me and told me everything will be alright. I then told her I’m not giving up. Tomorrow, I’ll think of some way to get him back. After all, tomorrow is a new day.

1 comment:

  1. I like what you did with this. I find those last lines quite comforting. Things always seem bad in the dark of night, but the thought of a new day and opportunities to fix everything keeps you going.

    ReplyDelete